Thursday, March 5, 2009

Television

I just noted on Facebook one of those bits where you tell things about yourself and circulate the list to friends. One of the questions was something like "What four television programs do you watch?"

Four? That would be a lot. Right now, I think Battlestar Galactica and Venture Brothers are the only programs I watch. I can see that a few others are clever and entertaining: House, 24, Monk come to mind. But none seem worth making an effort about. Aside from that, television is something that either conveys news and sports, or the occasional old movie one comes across by accident. There are some older series that I occasionally dip into on DVD: Newsradio, Nero Wolfe, Twin Peaks, Rome, Futurama. But aside from that, not much. I've watched a lot of Star Trek, but don't bother to watch old episodes; I saw all of Babylon 5, but despite being enjoyable at the time, it doesn't hold up in reruns - too precious and self-indulgent.

I guess it's the same phenomenon as movies - they've made only a few I care for during my lifetime, but give me Cary Grant or Grace Kelly, and I'll watch it. Born too late, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visitors since Jan. 23, 2009:

Site Meter