Sunday, April 19, 2009

10 Coolest Comic Book Locations

This blogger has an intriguing list. (Found through the good offices of the always interesting NeilAlien.

I more or less agree with the list (obviously the Batcave is #1), but I have a couple of quibbles. The blogger includes a picture of the icy/spiky Fortress of Solitude from the Superman movies and some depictions in the comics. This strikes me as a boring, not to mention chilly place, not worthy even of the honorable mentions. I would instead suggest that belonging at #2 on this list is the Silver Age Superman's Fortress of Solitude, most recently seen in all its glory in All-Star Superman. I also wouldn't list the Carrier from the fascistic fantasy The Authority or the Hall of Justice from Super Friends (or the most recent iteration of the JLA.) Childish stuff and nonsense.

Here's my list:

1. The Batcave
2. The Fortress of Solitude
3. The Sanctum Sanctorum
4. Avengers Mansion
5. Baxter Building
6. Paradise Island
7. Legion of Super-Heroes HQ
8. The Skull Cave
9. The Savage Land
10. The Negative Zone

And I would give honorable mention to the Danger Room, the JSA Brownstone, Oa, Ego the Living Planet, and Asgard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Visitors since Jan. 23, 2009:

Site Meter